Photography: Nanjing, China

Confucius Temple shopping area, which I didn't get to fully explore because my companion's legs were too weak. Apparently, he wasn't used to window shopping in the freezing rain. Well, neither was I until I arrived here!
I don't believe one can generally say "he's been to China". Like the US, China is such a huge country that every city (province, or state) has its own distinct culture and flair that's unlike even those of its neighbors.

For me, popular cities in China include Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Sichuan, Xiamen and Xian (where the terracotta warriors lay entombed). Nanjing (nan: south as opposted to Beijing's bei: north) is rich in history and popularly known for the Nanjing Massacre by the Japanese during the war. That said, today the city thrives in its historical significance and with its flourishing subway system, is progressing like the rest of China.

Comments

Popular Posts