Total Bargain from Tokyo

That time I wore this shirt on my way home from Guangzhou's Baiyun Airport
I was in Japan for the first time, alone, figuring out life and my future. I was also trying to accustom myself to the Japanese culture, partly by practicing the language. I happened to have booked the perfect accommodations in the district of Kinshicho, Tokyo. The surrounding area had very affordable options for meals and of course, shopping. I was elated to discover that some of the department stores were holding clearance sales. Imagine my surprise when I found this shirt, with its fine material and plaid print which looked like I could have bought it at Muji (where it's also cheaper in Japan of course) at less than half of what it used to cost (around JPY 700 / USD 7), if I'm not mistaken.

Not a bad find for one of the most expensive cities in the world, right? My only regret is not buying more of this item in different colors.

Different angle, with a filter

Selfie when I wore it a year earlier in Singapore

Comments

Popular Posts